Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hufflepuffs are especially good finders


Today I had to pick up my little cousin from camp all the way up in Evanston. Although it was a long and tedious train ride/wait I found many things along the way that peeked my interest.







Before I picked up my cousin I picked up my screens and prints from Harold Washington. It was great being able to go back to a place that I unexpectedly loved. It was also incredibly sad knowing that that was probably the last time I was going to step foot in the print lab again. I just thought of all the amazing things I learned. For years I had wanted to learn how to screenprint and I finally did it! Not only am I going to miss having a place to print but also the kind and talented people. I always said that the people from Harold Washington were always so friendly and talkative compared to the Columbia kids. And such GREAT teachers! They were so passionate about printing and were always willing to give advice/help with any project your brain came up with! I have been looking into printing at Screwball Press, but I don't think it will be the same. Each week I would have time strictly and neatly chiseled out of my schedule to print. I don't think I will ever have that again, which will only make me cherish my time at HWC even more. Dear god, I am too sentimental about this. Any who, here are my prints! Please excuse the poor quality pictures I do not have a scanner.


No comments:

Post a Comment