Sunday, March 13, 2011

Zach Galifianakis opening monologue on SNL



To say I was excited to see Zach Galifianakis host SNL again was an understatement. I wasn't excited to see him because of The Hangover because I saw the movie and despite the long wait and anticipation I found myself disappointed. Sure there were times when I chuckled but I just couldn't understand the great appeal it held to everyone else. The Hangover wasn't when I fell for Galifianakis, it was when I saw his stand up DVD, Zach Galifianakis: Live at the Purple Onion. In the DVD you see him do his stupid and strange characters and I think people start to believe that is what he is really like, but in actuality he is quite intelligent. Shortly after watching the DVD I saw him host SNL and he had me rolling on the floor with laughter. Since then I have been trying to keep up on what new things Galifianakis is doing (minus Due Date) like Between Two Ferns and the indie film It's Kind of a Funny Story. If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it because of the great mixture of quirky humor and serious topics such as depression. Well long story short, Galifianakis was superb again on SNL. That man has no shame and I salute him for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment