Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Because I find great joy in unintentionally freaking people out on the train.

Today was one of the first truly beautiful spring days in Chicago, so I took the long way home from school just to be out more. While walking I passed by Chicago Comics and I stopped in. Once I was inside I wanted everything! I had forgotten just how wonderful a comic book store is. The customers and workers are always the nicest people in the world. Oh, and the illustrations! How I wish I could draw like that! I spent some time browsing and flipping through the comic books but it wasn't a comic book that I left with but a book of advice. I found one of my new favorite books, You're a Horrible Person, But I Like You: The Believer Book of Advice. People from everywhere sent in questions that would require some advice and 40+ comedians answered. As soon as I got it I flipped to some of my favorite comedians: Jim Gaffigan, Patton Oswalt, Aziz Ansari, Zach Galifianakis, and Sarah Silverman just to name a few. I didn't have a lot of time after I bought it to sit down and enjoy it but I am excited to read it during my morning train ride to school. Although I might not read it on the train because I don't know if I will be able to resist the urge to laugh my way too loud laugh and wake up everyone who is sleeping on the morning train. Also, I am pretty sure I would scare everyone. They would think that I was completely crazy for having frequent outbursts of laughter, which has an upside and a downside. Upside: People will slowly move away from me I won't have to stand awkwardly so the person in front of me doesn't elbow me in the back a thousand times. Downside: People will slowly move away from me and I will become extremely self conscious and make this big elaborate story in my head that people don't want to stand next to me because I smell bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment